Samsung tab 3 will not charge

Russkp1

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Hi,
I have a tab 3 8" that will not charge. I have replaced the battery with like for like and also replaced the USB port, still nothing. The tab will now switch on as the new battery has 60% charge on it, but I still get no charge. I have tried several leads etc and straight into a PC still nothing..

Can anyone help????
Thanks

The new battery, is it OEM or after market? If it is the latter, then it is possible that it won't charge for you ever. Sadly some things are great after market and some aren't. Tablet, phone and laptop batteries are not one of the better things if buying after market.

If, however, you have an OEM one, and the port isn't damaged/loose, and you have tried other charger cords (that you know work for other devices) I would start to wonder if either the connection to the charging port inside has been damaged, or some other internal hardware.

In this case, if the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement. If it isn't, then you have to choose who to do the work for you. Or do it yourself.

Russkp1

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016