How do I use my iPhones wifi connection on my computer?

Micahtang

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
I have an iPhone (I know I should've gotten an android) and I want to know how to use my wifi connection from my phone to my laptop.

To be clear- I am willing to jailbreak
I don't want to use personal data
Thanks Guys (and girls)

Solution
If your iPhone is connected by W-Fi, why can't your laptop use the same connection. Answer is - the Wi-Fi the phone is using is mobile data and it usually costs quite a lot of money.

Create a HotSpot in the phone for the laptop to share the connection and the laptop starts to receive a Windows Update annd wipes out your free allocation for the month in ten seconds flat and charges you a small fortune for the balance of the downloaded data.

It's easy enough to do - I didn't know how because I use Android so I searched and I found this but I reckon you need to rethink this one before going ahead.

Here's how to make an iPhone hotspot/Wifi hotspot:

Tap Settings and Mobile.
Tap Personal Hotspot and set Personal...
If your iPhone is connected by W-Fi, why can't your laptop use the same connection. Answer is - the Wi-Fi the phone is using is mobile data and it usually costs quite a lot of money.

Create a HotSpot in the phone for the laptop to share the connection and the laptop starts to receive a Windows Update annd wipes out your free allocation for the month in ten seconds flat and charges you a small fortune for the balance of the downloaded data.

It's easy enough to do - I didn't know how because I use Android so I searched and I found this but I reckon you need to rethink this one before going ahead.

Here's how to make an iPhone hotspot/Wifi hotspot:

Tap Settings and Mobile.
Tap Personal Hotspot and set Personal Hotspot to On.
Tap on Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Tap Wi-Fi Password and enter a suitable password (this can be any password you choose, it's not related to your Apple ID or usual Wi-Fi connection).

Solution