how to set default location to external card on samsung galaxy GTS 5301

hmuhoyi

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I am using a samsung galaxy GTS5301. it is running out of space but l have an external card. i do not kknow how can l change storage from internal to external storage.

Solution
Well, if the phone is still running on the original version of Android it came with (Ice Cream Sandwich), then you would not be able to run apps from the SD card. However, if you have upgraded to, or can upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow", then you may be able to get this to work. I say may because there is still the possibility that the manufacturer has restricted that option. They do that sometimes.

You should, however, be able to move things like your photos, videos, music, etc., over to the SD card which would free up space on the phone itself. I would also suggest copying all that (and your contacts) over to a computer so as to not lose those things.
How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please...
Well, if the phone is still running on the original version of Android it came with (Ice Cream Sandwich), then you would not be able to run apps from the SD card. However, if you have upgraded to, or can upgrade to, Android "Marshmallow", then you may be able to get this to work. I say may because there is still the possibility that the manufacturer has restricted that option. They do that sometimes.

You should, however, be able to move things like your photos, videos, music, etc., over to the SD card which would free up space on the phone itself. I would also suggest copying all that (and your contacts) over to a computer so as to not lose those things.
How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution