Problem with space running out

Laura88

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
I have lg g4 stylus with 8 gb space so i transfered my Fb app to sd card, but now i should update it and the problem is that even that i can't do it because of not enough space on internal storage. I need help and can't understand how this update thing can work

Solution
Well, if your phone is running anything other than Android "Marshmallow" running things from the card is going to be not possible (not without rooting the device). Now if you are running (or can upgrade to) "Marshmallow" then the only other hurdle is if the manufacturer has restricted this option, which sadly does happen. If you can get the instructions below to work, so that the SD card becomes "Internal" storage rather than "External" storage, then the only other thing you would need to do is remember that anything downloaded to the phone, prior to this change, will in part stay on the phones storage and not just on the card. The only way to get it to be on the card only (which then actually becomes the internal storage) is to install...
Well, if your phone is running anything other than Android "Marshmallow" running things from the card is going to be not possible (not without rooting the device). Now if you are running (or can upgrade to) "Marshmallow" then the only other hurdle is if the manufacturer has restricted this option, which sadly does happen. If you can get the instructions below to work, so that the SD card becomes "Internal" storage rather than "External" storage, then the only other thing you would need to do is remember that anything downloaded to the phone, prior to this change, will in part stay on the phones storage and not just on the card. The only way to get it to be on the card only (which then actually becomes the internal storage) is to install the app directly to the card, once is it changed over.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

You may also want to move things like photos, videos, etc., over to the card, or even over to a computer to free up more space. This is always a good idea anyway, as you would lose said items were the phone to be wiped, damaged, lost, stolen, etc.

Solution