MICRO SDHC on android phone

Gloria_50

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
how do i move everything off of my phones internal storage onto my new microsdhc card. my phone is an android z753g. please help me

Solution
Well, while you can move most things, you can't move apps. Why? Because your phone is running Android "KitKat" and you need "Marshmallow" to do that. Now if you can somehow upgrade to "Marshmallow" then you can try that as well.

In regard to photos, music, videos, etc., well you have two ways to do it. You can move each file individually over to the SD card, and if you want them to save there as well in the future you would have to set up the settings of each app that is used to create them (like the camera) to save to the card rather than the phone.

Or the quicker way to move the files (changing where they save still requires changing them in each app) then I would connect the phone via USB cord to a computer, move all the files you...
Well, while you can move most things, you can't move apps. Why? Because your phone is running Android "KitKat" and you need "Marshmallow" to do that. Now if you can somehow upgrade to "Marshmallow" then you can try that as well.

In regard to photos, music, videos, etc., well you have two ways to do it. You can move each file individually over to the SD card, and if you want them to save there as well in the future you would have to set up the settings of each app that is used to create them (like the camera) to save to the card rather than the phone.

Or the quicker way to move the files (changing where they save still requires changing them in each app) then I would connect the phone via USB cord to a computer, move all the files you want to move to the SD card over to an empty folder on the computer. From here, if you wish, you can rename them, reorganize them, etc. Then copy those files over to the SD card.

Solution

Gloria_50

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Gloria_50

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Thank you very much webworkings !!! You do not know how difficult it is for us non tech savvy people to make it on these new devices. Thank you very much. I really appreciate your reply.