Won't come on

Solution
If that was left by a clothes iron, while the iron was hot, all I can say is yikes! It may well have gotten over heated and fried.

That said, if it is still under warranty (which the overheating it may have voided, so I wouldn't mention that when you call), then you should contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

If it isn't under warranty, then I would yourself (if you feel comfortable doing it) or someone else open it up and check for any damaged/fried parts. Be careful though. If the battery was physically damaged in any way that can be dangerous.
If that was left by a clothes iron, while the iron was hot, all I can say is yikes! It may well have gotten over heated and fried.

That said, if it is still under warranty (which the overheating it may have voided, so I wouldn't mention that when you call), then you should contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

If it isn't under warranty, then I would yourself (if you feel comfortable doing it) or someone else open it up and check for any damaged/fried parts. Be careful though. If the battery was physically damaged in any way that can be dangerous.

Solution

1mspooh

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

If the battery is damaged could i but another ans replace it myself?

Depends on the damage. It could also be something in the tablet that can't be replaced easily.

If the tablet is openable, which many aren't anymore, then you should be able to change out the battery for another. If you choose to do that, make sure you get one that has a return policy, allowing for you to return it if it doesn't resolve the problem.

If, however, it is one that is not meant to be opened, opening it can be tricky and would void the warranty. So it is really up to you. :)