Need Free advice on Samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1 tablets

Frustrated2016

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Ok I have a Samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1, recently it wasn't working so I ordered a new battery, replaced it, then it turned on but the port for the charger wasn't getting connection so I replaced it but now I'm stopped because it's 100% charged and it only stays on when I keep it plugged. But it SHUTS OFF when I unplug it . Could it be the power button?? Easy fixing? Any ideas please. Trying to fix it myself without spending $$$$$ to take it to a pro.

Solution
The battery you bought, was it OEM or after market?

I ask because if it was after market, then that may well be your problem. Some 'cheaper' batteries just don't work correctly. Leading to the device not running or not starting while using them. Even if they are charged. They just don't give off enough power/hold enough power so this problem occurs. It is really common.

However, if you don't want to try returning it and getting an OEM one just yet, try cleaning the contacts where it connects, and also make sure it is in snugly.

This is why, even though some things are great when you get after market versions, when it comes to tablet batteries and/or chargers, after market not the best choice.
The battery you bought, was it OEM or after market?

I ask because if it was after market, then that may well be your problem. Some 'cheaper' batteries just don't work correctly. Leading to the device not running or not starting while using them. Even if they are charged. They just don't give off enough power/hold enough power so this problem occurs. It is really common.

However, if you don't want to try returning it and getting an OEM one just yet, try cleaning the contacts where it connects, and also make sure it is in snugly.

This is why, even though some things are great when you get after market versions, when it comes to tablet batteries and/or chargers, after market not the best choice.

Solution

Frustrated2016

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
What is after market or OEM?

After market is buying a generic version of something. In this case the battery. So it could be from any random company that makes batteries for tablets.

OEM stands for "Original equipment manufacturer", so in this case it would be "Samsung" since they made your tablet.