SD micro issue

voyager_663rd

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
All of a sudden my cell can't see my sd card. I tried a number of things:
1)my computer can see the card (import pics) but my cell can't find it (card is in cell).
2)put an sd card from my wifes phone (same brand cell and sd card) into my phone and my phone can see her card and
3)put my card in her phone and it cannot see it.

So: why can my computer read the card/import pics when neither cell can see the card?

This was a sudden occurence (had been working fine for 6 months).

Solution
If the SD card cannot be seen by either phone, then the problem lies within the card. Yes, I understand that you could get the computer to see the card, but that just means that it is either currently formatted to be in a computer, and not an Android device, or it is damaged enough that the phones can't read it, but a computer can.

If the card was ever use on another device, like the computer, or read by it, while the SD card was outside the phone, then that is a possible cause. You can try reformatting the card, which would erase any/all data that is on it, to see if you can get it to be read by the phone again. However, that said, it is probably smarter to just replace the card. They do go bad.
If the SD card cannot be seen by either phone, then the problem lies within the card. Yes, I understand that you could get the computer to see the card, but that just means that it is either currently formatted to be in a computer, and not an Android device, or it is damaged enough that the phones can't read it, but a computer can.

If the card was ever use on another device, like the computer, or read by it, while the SD card was outside the phone, then that is a possible cause. You can try reformatting the card, which would erase any/all data that is on it, to see if you can get it to be read by the phone again. However, that said, it is probably smarter to just replace the card. They do go bad.

Solution