Oculus Rift DK2 or CV1

Epicness_357

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
So since I don't have much money and it would take probably years for me to save up for the cv1 but then I saw that you could get the dk2 for under £200 on ebay so I was wondering if it is a good idea to buy the dk2 as It is so much cheaper. I basically just want a pc vr experience at least better than something like the gear vr.
Thanks.

Solution
Do you also have a gaming PC with the required specifications?

It was something like the i5-4590 + GTX970, however I think they recently dropped the specs slightly.

If you can't wait then I guess you don't have many options but the DK2 is not the same quality as the CV1.

*Here's one persons comparison:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4k8viu/received_my_rift_so_its_unbiased_cv1_vs_dk2_time/

Read the RESPONSES below because I think he's being too kind to the DK2.
Do you also have a gaming PC with the required specifications?

It was something like the i5-4590 + GTX970, however I think they recently dropped the specs slightly.

If you can't wait then I guess you don't have many options but the DK2 is not the same quality as the CV1.

*Here's one persons comparison:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4k8viu/received_my_rift_so_its_unbiased_cv1_vs_dk2_time/

Read the RESPONSES below because I think he's being too kind to the DK2.

Solution

Epicness_357

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Ok Thank you very much.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
As a guy who owned a DK2,
Oculus dropped support the DK2 when they released the production Rift. The newer drivers and firmware will not work with the DK2.

Somebody may have found a workaround for that, but be aware... your experiences will be limited to the old stuff.
I know when I had my DK2, I had a journal where I would write the configuration instructions for each game / experience. Getting some games like "The Grid" took specific steps to get to work in VR.

So yeah... just know what you are getting into.