how to move or transfer download videos onto SD card on RCA tablet

capt-morgan

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
i have rca tablet and is running out of room. i purchased SD card and was wondering how to transfer/move downloaded videos to SD card?

Solution
Well, while you can mess around in the tablet to do the move, it usually only allows moving one at a time, and that can take a while. Especially if the files are large.

Another way to do it is to connect the tablet to a computer via USB cord. Then move the movies over to a folder on the computer. Organize them the way you want, rename, etc. and then copy them back over to the SD card instead of the device.

I say move to the computer, because that will take them off the tablet itself completely, but only copy over to the card, because that will give you a backup on the computer, should anything go wrong with the card, the tablet, it get broke, stolen, go missing, etc. I would suggest you do that with all your personal info on the...
Well, while you can mess around in the tablet to do the move, it usually only allows moving one at a time, and that can take a while. Especially if the files are large.

Another way to do it is to connect the tablet to a computer via USB cord. Then move the movies over to a folder on the computer. Organize them the way you want, rename, etc. and then copy them back over to the SD card instead of the device.

I say move to the computer, because that will take them off the tablet itself completely, but only copy over to the card, because that will give you a backup on the computer, should anything go wrong with the card, the tablet, it get broke, stolen, go missing, etc. I would suggest you do that with all your personal info on the tablet and the SD card. Make backups on the computer.

Solution

martib

Estimable
Feb 28, 2017
Wow!! This looks like the answer to a question I just posted after searching for a week for a solution to the lack of space on a tablet and its inability to "save to SD card". Thanks