Tablet Running Slow and Washed Out after failed upload

pipeline010

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Thx for responses.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T705Y. I attempted to do something simple last week and now it seems to be running in low battery mode, or at least intentionally lowered performance.

I made a short vid clip of my child doing something insane and then, as required by law, used a clip editor to shorten it and posted it to Facebook.

The first attempt at posting had it fail (it's like nothing happened). It was at this point I believe that the tablet went wrong. Immediately after I tried again and it posted.

But here's what is up with my tablet since that event:
-Screen looks washed out, colors MUCH less vivid and vibrant.
-Perfomance is terrible. Very slow and jittery.
-Apps now lag to the point of freezing out the tablet requiring restart (when under somewhat heavy use).

I tried:
-Soft/Hard Reset.
-Cleared Cache for Facebook App and Editor App and restarted.
-Deleted Facebook app.
-Turned on Power Saving Mode, then off again and restart.
-Turned on Ultra Power Saving Mode, then off again and restart.

I definitely know this things' got much more juice and power than it's giving me. If it was my laptop I'd know the power plug had fallen out leaving it in low performance mode.

Tips/Advice would be great. Factory Reset would be rather annoying, but certainly a last resort (I'm not there yet).

Thank You!

Edit:
Just noticed as well...when restarting the Samsung Logo pops up with all the pretty blue and purple bubbles shooting around it, and the colors are vibrant and pretty at first. Then it kind of 'stutters' (for lack of a better descriptor) and the blue bubbles continue but washed out like the rest of the working tablet is now.

Not sure if this helps to understand anything or not.

Solution
Well it could be a few things. But before you go messing with the hardware, try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same issues. If not, then something is on the tablet that is messing with it. You would need to find out what, and remove it.

If it, however, still acts like this in "Safe Mode" then I would start to think that the timing of it is just a coincidence.

Is the tablet still under warranty? If yes, I would then contact the manufacturer about the problem so they can repair and/or replace it. If you do send it in, may sure you back up all your personal stuff (photos, videos, data, contacts, etc.) before you ship it off, by saving a copy to a computer.

If it isn't under warranty, then you are free to have the work...
Well it could be a few things. But before you go messing with the hardware, try loading in "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same issues. If not, then something is on the tablet that is messing with it. You would need to find out what, and remove it.

If it, however, still acts like this in "Safe Mode" then I would start to think that the timing of it is just a coincidence.

Is the tablet still under warranty? If yes, I would then contact the manufacturer about the problem so they can repair and/or replace it. If you do send it in, may sure you back up all your personal stuff (photos, videos, data, contacts, etc.) before you ship it off, by saving a copy to a computer.

If it isn't under warranty, then you are free to have the work done wherever you want. :)

Solution