How do I make my SD card the default for downloads on my LG Escape2

Debbie_65

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Too few of my apps will move to the SD card . I have lots of room on the card but the internal card is almost full

Solution
Well it is going to depend on ... 1. If the phone is running Android "Marshmallow" or can be upgraded to it, and 2. If the manufacturer has restricted this option on this phone. They do that sometimes.

Here are the instructions on how to do it.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and...
Well it is going to depend on ... 1. If the phone is running Android "Marshmallow" or can be upgraded to it, and 2. If the manufacturer has restricted this option on this phone. They do that sometimes.

Here are the instructions on how to do it.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution