Realy big pc problems

JustSomeWhiteKid

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
So here's the deal ,I don't know the exact specs of my Pc,what i do know is that my CPU (AMD A6-7400K)runs at almost 200f at idle...i need suggestions on what i can do for under $100 to fix this.By help i mean can anyone suggest a new fan i could use or perhaps cheap water cooling,any tips i could use?I'm honestly scared to run it .

JustSomeWhiteKid

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

Thanks it looks like I was using shit software before to check the temps ,it looks like with just this program running that the cpu is running anywhere from 19c-45c.No idea if that's good or bad.

AtomSphere

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

19-45c idle is normal and healthy.

JustSomeWhiteKid

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

But still I am looking into possibly water cooling.Any suggestions on a cheap but reliable brand or even specific parts.Also I know that some pc parts don't support water cooling and I would like to know what I could do about that.

JustSomeWhiteKid

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

Well I'm actually looking to get a better processor (a quad-core) And I was hoping to get water cooling. If I could give u a list of parts i already have (like motherboard,graphics card,etc)could you maybe help me find good parts?I might be able to through together a $200 budget

AtomSphere

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
we are talking about PC's right? Not laptops? (youre in the Laptop tech support) If you're looking at water cooling, there is quite a lot of AIO (all in one) setup that is ready to go from your local computer store. Those are pretty small and can easily fit inside most setup since the water block is a lot smaller. Your responsibility to check for compatibility on that particular water cool setup.

A few question to ask yourself, do you really need water cooling?
Are you running high temp under heavy workload?
Is my case ventilation the bottleneck?
Are you overclocking?
Can a good aftermarket air cooler do the job? (in most cases yes with current vapour and heatpipe technology)

I am a bit bias and like air cooling better. No point going water cooling because a proper air cooling works very well! Noise levels (depending on your exact setup and Fan noise) is about the same with air cooling plus you don't have risk of leaks, lower maintenance, low wear and tear.

But if you insist on water cooling, figure out how much heat you need to take care off. If there is a lot of heat, get a bigger radiator ( in most cases get as big as it can fit in your case)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ1p9QbZ9tc

JustSomeWhiteKid

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

I didn't even realise that I was in the laptop section,sorry!Well if there are more perks to air cooling then ill stick to it.I would still like to know if anyone could suggest some new parts though.

Instead of buying a new CPU for your current platform and a water cooler, sell your CPU/Mobo and get an Intel 1151 chip like i5-6500. Same cost if you count selling your parts, much better speed. You don't want to be one of those guys that buys a $2,000 Civic then spends $4,000 on wheels and a stereo on it. Put your money towards the right thing.

sheriff12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
After or before you install a better CPU cooler, you can go to speccy.com to download and install for free their program that will tell you all of your PC's specs. You didn't say if you built the PC or bought it assembled. If you built it yourself, did you use Thermal Grease between the CPU and the cooler? Some people have forgotten this step. It will definitely overheat the CPU if you failed to put the grease in.