Encryption Unsuccessful Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgodwin1976

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Let me start out telling you I'm a phone idiot. I have had my ZTE Model number Z932 for almost two years. I plugged it in followed the set up and put in my gmail info and it worked fine. I had some apps on there like Facebook, Messenger, my banking app, and credit card app. Last night my stuff started randomly shutting down like I was looking at my contacts to call the kids and all of the sudden google play has shutdown and the like four or five messages and they kept popping up so restarted the phone put it in my purse while it was rebooting and didn't think about it until about two hours later after having supper with out oldest son who was visiting. When I took it out to call the younger kids again I got a screen with the following. "Encryption Unsuccessful Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible. To resume using your phone, you need to preform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google account." So I pressed the button that said reset because that was the only button to show up. As soon as it reset it went back to the encryption unsuccessful screen so I tried to do a hard reset still didn't work. So I went to straightalk they said contact manufactoer, so I contacted them and they said only fix is warranty repair but unfortunately my warranty for this phone has expired so according to them there isn't a way to fix this. Now I looked online last night and a few people claim to have managed to fix these issues but they were throwing around so much lingo I was lost and all the threads were older so I couldn't respond. At the moment I can't afford another phone is there a way to fix this with a phone and computer dumb person.

cgodwin1976

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from cgodwin1976 : "Encryption Unsuccessful Factory reset not help"

Let me start out telling you I'm a phone idiot. I have had my ZTE Model number Z932 for almost two years. I plugged it in followed the set up and put in my gmail info and it worked fine. I had some apps on there like Facebook, Messenger, my banking app, and credit card app. Last night my stuff started randomly shutting down like I was looking at my contacts to call the kids and all of the sudden google play has shutdown and the like four or five messages and they kept popping up so restarted the phone put it in my purse while it was rebooting and didn't think about it until about two hours later after having supper with out oldest son who was visiting. When I took it out to call the younger kids again I got a screen with the following. "Encryption Unsuccessful Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible. To resume using your phone, you need to preform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google account." So I pressed the button that said reset because that was the only button to show up. As soon as it reset it went back to the encryption unsuccessful screen so I tried to do a hard reset still didn't work. So I went to straightalk they said contact manufacturer, so I contacted them and they said only fix is warranty repair but unfortunately my warranty for this phone has expired so according to them there isn't a way to fix this. Now I looked online last night and a few people claim to have managed to fix these issues but they were throwing around so much lingo I was lost and all the threads were older so I couldn't respond. At the moment I can't afford another phone is there a way to fix this with a phone and computer dumb person.

That is extremely odd. The phone shouldn't try encrypting itself on it's own. It almost makes me think there was some form of virus or malware on the device.

It may not be removed on the phone, even though it says it is. Especially if it was something malicious on the device. First try "Safe Mode" and see if the phone will load. If it will, then you definitely have something on it that needs to be removed. If it won't then try the "Hard Reset" info following it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Although you said you tried a reset, try this info for a "Hard Reset" and see if it works for you.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

cgodwin1976

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
I tried it in safe mode and it still wouldn't boot I tried the hard reset as well with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.