Items put on sd card r deleted ..... when u deleted the item from internal storage..... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebeccanwes

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I put items on sd car and I went back to delete the same items from the device storage which is the internal storage and then I went back to check to make sure they were still on the SD card and they were gone so somehow when I deleted them from the internal storage they got deleted from the SD card can someone please tell me why and how to fix it

Solution
Well it will also depend on how you moved them then. Are you doing it only by the phone or have you tried connecting the phone via USB to a computer, moving them all over to a folder on the computer and then copying them back over to the card directly? I say move to the computer, so that there is no trace left on the phone, and then only copy from computer to SD card because it is always wise to save copies of these things, in case of deletion, loss of phone, dead phone, etc.
Depends on what items you are talking about. If you are referring to apps, meaning you have made the SD card "Internal" rather than "External" then when you deleted them they were deleted from the card because it is now "Internal" storage and shows as that when you look.

To resolve it you need to download said apps to the card directly, rather than moving them over after. Otherwise, you cannot delete any apps that were on the device without deleting them off the card.

Rebeccanwes

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

The items are mostly video and audio and pics, and it's a portable storage..... also it's a 64 gb sd card
Could the sd card be set up wrong or something ? How do u ck the settings for sd card?

Well it will also depend on how you moved them then. Are you doing it only by the phone or have you tried connecting the phone via USB to a computer, moving them all over to a folder on the computer and then copying them back over to the card directly? I say move to the computer, so that there is no trace left on the phone, and then only copy from computer to SD card because it is always wise to save copies of these things, in case of deletion, loss of phone, dead phone, etc.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.