MSI GS73VR vs. ASUS ROG GL702VM? Need fast help!

Logimech

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
Hei

I'll buy a new pc for about one month, just as it will arrive to my country. First I've had only one potential choice, but after bit of research, I've found another laptop with just the same specs (almost)

The battle is between;

MSI GS73VR 17.3" FHD matt 120Hz; with specs:

GeForce GTX1060,Core i7-6700HQ,16GB RAM,256GB PCIe SSD,1TB HDD,W10 Home

And ASUS ROG GL702VM 17.3" FHD matt G-SYNC; with specs:

GeForce GTX1060,Core i7-6700HQ,16GB RAM,512GB SSD,1TB HDD,Windows 10 Home

First of all, this PC will be used to everything. Both gaming and working, so I wanted a nice looking, slim and powerful laptop. I've almost made a decision for ASUS, but then i just saw MSI. I have no experience with both of those companies, so I cannot make a choice.

So my questions is; first of all; which of them is simply better?

1. Is it better to have ASUS with G-Sync or MSI with 120hz? Just have in mind that GTX1060 will render something about fhd 60fps on most games, so maybe G-Sync is better than 120hz?

2. Which of them has better overall quality?

3. Which of them has less overheating issues? I'll use it everyday with its full power, so I have to make a good decision on that.

4. Which one would you get?

Welcome to the discussion, let's talk, so maybe I have a better idea which of them will be my new mobile gaming station :D

1.It's a tough call really,you can't go wrong with either
2.Both are good but ASUS ROG series usually have better cooling and run quieter
3.I don't think you'll run into any overheating issue with either
4.I'd personally go with the ASUS one

Logimech

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
Now after a bit of research and a lot of thinking, I think I'll take the msi one. Its just my personal preference in a lot of things, like keyboard, overall look, more colour on the screen (because of my usage of photoshop) and more aluminium body. So I think I can sacrifice G-sync for 120hz :D

Still thank you for answer

Punishersfury

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

honestly i wont go with the msi i just bought it and already returned it cus of prolonged use keyboard area gets to hot jus got the rog yesterday played for 8 straight hours zero heating issues