How do I transfer my contacts from one Android phone to another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Lilman61 : "Need contacts from a broken android to my new samsung"

Well it is going to depend on a few things. Did you sync them with a Google account? If so you can just log in there from the new phone and get them copied onto it.

Or, if you had them saved to an SD card rather than the phones "Internal" memory, then you can just move the SD card over to the new phone.

Also, as long as you can turn the phone one, you can connect it to a computer and move the over that way. The phone will have a VCF file with the data.

If none of the above is possible, and the phone won't turn on, then there is sadly, no way to get the data.
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Lilman61 : "Need contacts from a broken android to my new samsung"

Well it is going to depend on a few things. Did you sync them with a Google account? If so you can just log in there from the new phone and get them copied onto it.

Or, if you had them saved to an SD card rather than the phones "Internal" memory, then you can just move the SD card over to the new phone.

Also, as long as you can turn the phone one, you can connect it to a computer and move the over that way. The phone will have a VCF file with the data.

If none of the above is possible, and the phone won't turn on, then there is sadly, no way to get the data.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.