LG G Pad X 8.0 - Wiping Cache Partition?

SpecialGuy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
How do I wipe the cache partition on a LG G Pad X 8.0 tablet (V521) ?

I am experiencing a problem with Google Play Services stopping frequently when updating apps, and performing a firmware update. I hoping that clearing the cache partition will eliminate or reduce the problem.

Solution
I agree, there should be a way, and it should fit what it does for their other devices, however if they made changes to it, or if perhaps you did, then it would make a difference.

Well there is a "Factory Reset", which wipes some but not all data, and there is a "Hard Reset" which wipes all data. Either should work.
Try this...

1. Go into "Settings" and Tap "General".

2. Here you want to tap "Storage". NOTE: If you are using the 'list view', then you will need to scroll down to "Device" and then tap "Storage".

3. Be patient, it will take a few minutes for it to do the calculating.

4. Once it is done with that, now tap "Cached data" and then tap "Yes".

5. It may take a few moments for the cached data to clear. Depending on size of the space and the amount of date, it can take several seconds to complete.

6. When the wipe is complete, the storage screen will refresh and you will no longer see "Cached Data" listed.

7. This means your our cached data has been successfully cleared out.

SpecialGuy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010

There is no "General" option under settings. I also tried to use these instructions, to see if there was just a slight difference in the Settings options, but could not find a 'Device" option. After an extensive search through the Settings menu, the closest I could find to an option for wiping the Cache Partition was under Settings->Storage & USB->Internal storage->Cached Data. When I tap this option it says:

Clear caches
Caches for all apps will be cleared. Clear?
CANCEL or OK

I did this, but I believe this will only clear the cache for the apps, and is not the Android cache partition.

There is also a Settings->Storage & USB->System Data. Nothing happens when I tap this option.

I should also add that I am logged in as the tablet owner.

Android Version 6.0.1
Baseband MPSS.TA
1.0c3-00055-8952_GEN_PACK-1.56400.159543.1
Kernel 3.10.84

SpecialGuy

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010

Thanks, but the instructions listed on T-Mobile's site, do not match what I see on my tablet. I have noticed some other documents on their website for this tablet are not compatible. I think they just copied and pasted from other LG products. One of their documents provide instructions for how to clear "call logs", even thought the device is not capable of making calls.

I am not an expert, but have some experience with Android (mostly with Samsung products) and find it difficult to believe that there is not a method to wipe the cache. I even tried some of the hardware methods, i.e. holding power/volume up... but can only get to point to do a factory reset.

With that said, I think I will just do a factory reset and start over...

I agree, there should be a way, and it should fit what it does for their other devices, however if they made changes to it, or if perhaps you did, then it would make a difference.

Well there is a "Factory Reset", which wipes some but not all data, and there is a "Hard Reset" which wipes all data. Either should work.

Solution