ASUS K501UW-AB78 vs DELL Gaming Laptop

link1day

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
General use, some gaming, and some music creation. I did notice having tried the Dell in store the keyboard and touch pad are a little iffy.

biggs92

Estimable
May 5, 2015
Asus all the way.
Dell are good for work computers and that's about it.
Asus actually has a better spec and imo is a more trusted and quality brand

The good thing about the Dell is that it has a more powerful CPU, the quad core i5-6300HQ as opposed to a dual core i7-6500u. Though it has a smaller capacity SSD (256GB vs. 512GB). Everything else looks similar based on the specs.

Can say much about the much about the keyboard. I tested out keyboards of various laptops I was interested in buying over the years and I have to say I generally prefer keyboards on business laptops as opposed to consumer laptops. The trackpad is not a bit deal to me since I always use a mouse with laptop.

Based on lots of posts regarding Asus customer / tech support... it seems that is their weakest link. If you need to contact Asus support, then it can be pretty difficult to reach a human being. I recall one complaint where someone was finally able to speak to a human being after 3 weeks of the initial call to Asus support. You should take it with a grain of salt because most people generally post about complaints rather than compliments.

The best advice I can give when looking for possible issues with the laptops is to read the 1 and 2 stars reviews for each laptops to determine what the most common complaints each laptop has and then decide from there. The Dell does have a higher percentage of 1 and 2 star reviews compared to the Asus.