Where do I reset my Android tablet's dictionary or remove accidentally-added words from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles27

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
I've tried a number of approaches and have had no luck resetting the dictionary on my LG-LK430 tablet. I can't even seem to find the place where such changes would appear to be carried out.

1. Go to "Settings" and tap "Language & Keyboard".

2. Next open up the "User Dictionary".

4. You should be able to scroll through the alphabetical list and find the entry you want to edit or remove.

5. Tap the word you want to edit or remove, and then tap "Edit" or "Remove" from the pop-up menu.

6. The changes should save instantly.

NOTE: If you have a third-party keyboard installed on the tablet, you will see it listed in the Language & keyboard area also. If this is the case, instead of choosing "User Dictionary" from the menu, you will need to select the "Settings" listed below the name of the keyboard you're currently using.

Charles27

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for your time and effort, but I don't have those options/that pathway on my tablet. It has "Language & input." My tablet is running 5.0.1, the kernel version is 3.10.49, and the build number is LRX21Y, in case it is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.