Laptop for college/casual gaming

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I'm moving to Portugal for college and I don't know how much time I'm going to spend there. Maybe I'll do just a semester, maybe 3 years. I have an old and heavy gaming laptop but I don't intend to take it because of this 2 characteristics. At first I wanted to buy a Pascal gaming laptop, to use as my college and gaming device. But after some more research I found out most people consider that buying a cheap laptop for college and building a good desktop is the best solution. The only problem is that I already have a very good desktop at home, but I can't take it with me. So I decided to look for a laptop that can run games like League of Legends and so. I don't need a very good resolution cause I play lol at 1280 x 1024, I need it to be light, portable and capable of running these games. I was thinking of the Surface Pro 4, I really like the idea of a hybrid device that I can take notes. Does anyone have other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

I'll probably buy in any physical store and my budget is 1.500 - 2.000 $. Maybe I'll buy online if I can't find any at the store.

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Yes USD. I live in Brazil atm. Don't worry about the stores, just recommend me what you consider the best solutions for me, I can buy them from the US anyway.