how to get a samsung tablet to turn on from lock screen

emilyr

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 (7.0)
my tablet goes onto the lock screen when I press the power button, but it wont let me put in my code to unlock it (it isn't responding to my touch) then after a few seconds it goes off. I've tried holding the power button down to turn it of but it only turns the screen off. I've tried charging it and plugging it into my laptop but still no9thing. I need to try and fix it without loosing anything on there (photos, apps, etc.). please help, i don't know what to do and I really need it for my school work.

Solution
Try loading the tablet in "Safe Mode" and see if it will let you put in your code. This doesn't erase any data. And if it does let you, then you need to check the tablet for any 'bad' apps that are causing the problem.

If this doesn't work, the only options left would be to do a "Hard Reset" which that will wipe all your personal data, or replacing/having the screen replaced.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat...
Try loading the tablet in "Safe Mode" and see if it will let you put in your code. This doesn't erase any data. And if it does let you, then you need to check the tablet for any 'bad' apps that are causing the problem.

If this doesn't work, the only options left would be to do a "Hard Reset" which that will wipe all your personal data, or replacing/having the screen replaced.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution