How can I move my apps from my internal storage to my SD card on my LG K7

Hisbabykk

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
My phone wont allow me to move my apps from internal storage to my memory card. Can someone help me figure this out please????

Solution
Well that phone comes originally with Android "Lollipop" which does not allow for making the SD card "Internal" storage. You need at least "Marshmallow" to do that.

Now if you can upgrade that phone to "Marshmallow", and the manufacturer hasn't restricted the ability to change the card to "Internal", then the instructions below are how to change it over.

NOTE: You will need to start with a blank SD card. Why? Well because when it is formatted and encoded to make it "Internal" storage, it is wiped. Also, the data on the card then will only be readable by that device.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the...
Well that phone comes originally with Android "Lollipop" which does not allow for making the SD card "Internal" storage. You need at least "Marshmallow" to do that.

Now if you can upgrade that phone to "Marshmallow", and the manufacturer hasn't restricted the ability to change the card to "Internal", then the instructions below are how to change it over.

NOTE: You will need to start with a blank SD card. Why? Well because when it is formatted and encoded to make it "Internal" storage, it is wiped. Also, the data on the card then will only be readable by that device.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution

Tanya_9

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
If you got a Lg... It should have came with an app called lg back up. Go on there. Hit back up my phone n its self explanitory from there. Just figured it out myself n want everyone to know