Can I move apps to my memory card on an LG treasure?

Jamie_82

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
I am thinking about getting an LG treasure phone and I want to know if I can move apps that I download from the internal memory to a memory card.

Solution
If the phone is running the original Android OS it comes with, which is "Lollipop", then no, you can't move them over. To do so the phone needs to be using "Marshmallow", as the prior OSs don't have the feature to do so built in.

If your phone is running "Marshmallow" then follow the instructions below to allow moving the apps to the sd card. NOTE: The SD card will have to be blank to start with. The reason for this is that any data on the card already will be wiped when the card is made "Internal" storage and encoded. Also the data on that card will no longer be readable by other devices.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD...
If the phone is running the original Android OS it comes with, which is "Lollipop", then no, you can't move them over. To do so the phone needs to be using "Marshmallow", as the prior OSs don't have the feature to do so built in.

If your phone is running "Marshmallow" then follow the instructions below to allow moving the apps to the sd card. NOTE: The SD card will have to be blank to start with. The reason for this is that any data on the card already will be wiped when the card is made "Internal" storage and encoded. Also the data on that card will no longer be readable by other devices.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution