Best cheap phone for VR?

Michael_394

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I'm looking at putting together a cheap VR kit for my kid. He loves my GearVR but can't use it while I'm out and about with my phone.

He doesn't have a phone of his own, so I'll have to buy something. I was looking at the Moto G4 from Amazon, but not sure how it will work. I'm not looking for anything blazing fast, but would need to run Cardboard reasonably well.

Any suggestions in the $150 range?

Solution
The higher the pixel density, the better it's going to work with Google Cardboard.

That said, for the price that you've mentioned, the LG G3 and G4 comes to mind. Both have 1440p screens and are large and easy to handle. I've seen both around Ebay, used and unlocked, for 140 - 170$.

My own G4 is wonderful and I love it to bits. I haven't tried it with cardboard yet, but it looks like it would work well.

pigeoncracker

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
The higher the pixel density, the better it's going to work with Google Cardboard.

That said, for the price that you've mentioned, the LG G3 and G4 comes to mind. Both have 1440p screens and are large and easy to handle. I've seen both around Ebay, used and unlocked, for 140 - 170$.

My own G4 is wonderful and I love it to bits. I haven't tried it with cardboard yet, but it looks like it would work well.

Solution