Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 stuck in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katchin

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Hi, my galaxy tab 2 got wet a few weeks ago when a flask burst in my work bag. I put it in a sealed container for a week with 200 silca gel packets.
It started first time after that, but in safe mode, and I have been unable to get it out of safe mode since. I have tried restarting it, have even done a factory reset, all to no avail. Any ideas or do I need a new one? :(

Solution
There are a few ways to get out of safe mode, so you know. I will include them at the end. And in answer to your question about taking it apart, yes that is possible, but it is something you should be very careful in doing. Also, I would not suggest doing it if the tablet is under warranty, as that would void it.

Should you wish to try opening it up on your own, there are many instructional videos on how to do so online. I would suggest watching one when opening it up. Also, the wetness (depending on what the liquid was that got into the tablet) could have left a sticky residue where ever it got into. You may need to remove that residue to fix the problems.

In regard to the different ways to exit "Safe Mode", please try the following...

Katchin

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Update:- My volume down button is not working apparently, this would be why holding it down on reboot is not taking the tablet out of safe mode, and other options?

Is it possible to take the tablet apart? I see no screws

There are a few ways to get out of safe mode, so you know. I will include them at the end. And in answer to your question about taking it apart, yes that is possible, but it is something you should be very careful in doing. Also, I would not suggest doing it if the tablet is under warranty, as that would void it.

Should you wish to try opening it up on your own, there are many instructional videos on how to do so online. I would suggest watching one when opening it up. Also, the wetness (depending on what the liquid was that got into the tablet) could have left a sticky residue where ever it got into. You may need to remove that residue to fix the problems.

In regard to the different ways to exit "Safe Mode", please try the following.

1. Touch and Hold the "Power" key.

2. Tap "Power Off".

3. Once the tablet is off, Touch and Hold the "Power" key again to restart.

The tablet should now be out of "Safe Mode".

If the "Safe Mode" is still running after you restart your phone, I would then check to make sure your "Volume Down" button is not stuck. Check to see if it has anything stuck in it as well, dust, etc. Anything like this can cause the phone to go into, and get stuck in, "Safe Mode".

If that doesn't work try this...

Use the "Status Bar" to turn off "Safe Mode'. Pull down (swipe) the "Status Bar" of your phone. Now tap the "Safe Mode" button. This should turn "Safe Mode" off. Now your phone will automatically restart, so that it boots up out of "Safe Mode".

And lastly...

If you want to get rid of/disable "Safe Mode".

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe Mode: OFF" or something similar.

4. If you wanted re-enable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe mode: ON" rather than off.

Reactions: diabetesengineer
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.