Insufficient memory (bug?) with certain apps.

blizzardoworld

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hi guys, sorry to bother everyone but hoping to find an answer to this problem.

I have a pretty old tablet, MID version 4.0.3, kernel 3.0.8

I've been trying to get a phone game on there, my pc is terrible and the emulator im using is chugging along at like 5fps so I thought i'd try it on my tablet.

I downloaded the APK of the game from my tablets browser, no troubles. Installed it just fine. Home screen is already running better than emulator but unfortunately the game requires the Google Play Games app to function.

No matter what i do, I can not get this google app on my tablet. Downloading it from the Play Store or web browser tells me that my tablet hasnt got enough internal storage. The app is only like 24 MB. There is nothing else on the tablet because I factory reset it. I've gone through my apps list and the clear cache button isnt available for any of them so I'm sure it isn't that. I have a feeling that that the google play app is trying to install on to something other than the SD card and refuses to go anywhere else. When I go to settings and check storage it says Total space 0.00 b. Beneath it, it says Internal storage, total space 13 GB, available 12 gb.

I can download just fine, it simply won't install. The game APK also downloads and installs fine no matter how many times i do it. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Solution
The attempt to install on the SD card would be why. Google Play will want to install on the "Internal" storage.

You could try moving photos, video, music, etc., from the tablet itself onto the SC card. That may free up enough room on the tablet's "Internal" storage.

Since your device is rooted, for other ideas/suggestions, you might try posting in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html
The attempt to install on the SD card would be why. Google Play will want to install on the "Internal" storage.

You could try moving photos, video, music, etc., from the tablet itself onto the SC card. That may free up enough room on the tablet's "Internal" storage.

Since your device is rooted, for other ideas/suggestions, you might try posting in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

Solution