How do I do this on a galaxy go5. It's the economy version with only 3 gb available of 8 gb

MaxHavok

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Can't seem to do a thing on this phone. Before I download a root program need to get it to go to external as I have no space left. Already uninstalled 3 games I had money invested in. Not willing to lose more. Did Wi-Fi back up but so many fin steps I'm getting frustrated now. Starting to thing this phone was a horrible idea even if it was not 130 brand new smh

Solution
Well on that device, short of 'possibly' getting it to work if you root the phone, you can't run apps from the card. Unless your phone is both... 1. running "Marshmallow" and 2. the manufacturer hasn't restricted that option (it happens).

If you have "Marshmallow" or are able to upgrade to it, you can use the instructions below to set the SD card as "Internal" rather than the standard "External". However you would need to be sure to start with a blank card. Why? That is because the SD card gets formatted and encoded to that phone when you do the change over. So anything on the card already would be wiped/erased.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”...
Well on that device, short of 'possibly' getting it to work if you root the phone, you can't run apps from the card. Unless your phone is both... 1. running "Marshmallow" and 2. the manufacturer hasn't restricted that option (it happens).

If you have "Marshmallow" or are able to upgrade to it, you can use the instructions below to set the SD card as "Internal" rather than the standard "External". However you would need to be sure to start with a blank card. Why? That is because the SD card gets formatted and encoded to that phone when you do the change over. So anything on the card already would be wiped/erased.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution