Can I set the default download location to an SD card in Android 4.4.2

Linda_72

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I have a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with Android 4.4.2 and I am out of device memory. I have installed a 32 microSd card, but csn't move any files over to it. I'be tried the solutions on this forum without success-my pages and menus don't look the same. I'd especially like to get downloaded files onto the card. Can someone help?

Solution
Well you can move photos, music, videos, etc., over, but not apps. You would need to be running at least Android "Marshmallow" to be able to set the SD card as "Internal" rather than the standard "External" which allows for apps to run off the card.

Moving the photos, videos, etc., over will free up a lot of space though, so that would help.

I would also suggest clearing out data in the apps you run all the time (just make sure it isn't something you need) by going into "Setting"... "Apps"... and clicking on individual apps and tapping either "Clear Cache" or "Clear Data".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not do this with apps that were already on the phone. You can cause major problems for the phone. I would stick to doing it only with apps you...
Well you can move photos, music, videos, etc., over, but not apps. You would need to be running at least Android "Marshmallow" to be able to set the SD card as "Internal" rather than the standard "External" which allows for apps to run off the card.

Moving the photos, videos, etc., over will free up a lot of space though, so that would help.

I would also suggest clearing out data in the apps you run all the time (just make sure it isn't something you need) by going into "Setting"... "Apps"... and clicking on individual apps and tapping either "Clear Cache" or "Clear Data".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not do this with apps that were already on the phone. You can cause major problems for the phone. I would stick to doing it only with apps you have downloaded and installed. They should be under the "Downloaded" tab in the "Apps" area of "Settings".

Solution