Which version of GTX 1070 for HTC Vive?

Nayemur

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
I have purchased HTC Vive, and waiting for it to be delivered. Now I need to get a GPU. I have budget to get a 1070. I am very confused between all those versions from different manufacturers.
Which version of 1070 should I buy?
Also to ask, do I need to buy GPU with dual HDMI port? Or cards with single HDMI port will also be ok with converter?
n.b. EVGA is not an option. Not available in my country.

Solution
Any card EXCEPT the Founder's Edition. Assuming you have a normal case (not a tiny desktop one or something) you also want to avoid the ones with the blower fans.

Dual HDMI ports would allow both a headset an HDMI monitor.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
Any card EXCEPT the Founder's Edition. Assuming you have a normal case (not a tiny desktop one or something) you also want to avoid the ones with the blower fans.

Dual HDMI ports would allow both a headset an HDMI monitor.

Solution

Nayemur

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Yes, I have a normal ATX casing. Planning to get a NZXT H440.
I am preferring to keep my monitor attached as well. Just want to avoid the hassle to disconnect VR and set monitor nad vice versa. So, with a single HDMI card, I guess I can use a HDMI/DP converter to connect the monitor with that?

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
You can just use a DP-MiniDP adapter to connect the Vive Link Box instead. Just make sure any DP cable you buy has VESA certification. This is a lot better than using an adapter for your monitor since DP-MiniDP are electrically identical so you just need a passive adapter at the Vive Link Box.

Nayemur

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

Thanks again.
I guess this one will be ok: https://www.amazon.com/Accell-B143B-007J-UltraAV-DisplayPort-Locking/dp/B00A7R9I22/
is it?