Vive suddenly started juddering

Beyondrepair

Commendable
May 13, 2016
I've had the vive for 3 days and on the first day everything ran flawlessly. But yesterday my vive started really juddering after i updated firmware for all the pieces. I've tried everything from resetting the base firmware to factory, connecting with sync cables, recovering windows from old backup and reinstalling everything, reinstalling graphics drivers with ddu (older and newer versions), nothing is working. Also tried changing to usb 2.0 as some suggested and nothing. The juddering is very bad.
My graphics card is the gtx 1080 ftw and overclock that is stable. I even reset the overclock and still the same thing.
Is there a way to reinstall factory reset of all the parts, especially the headset? Also what else can I try?

Solution
Juttering in the screen refresh rate, and not the positioning of the HMD, correct?

Issues I've had in that were conflicts with the USB.
Other than that, I'd check to make sure your nvidia driver is set to the VR version and see if that helps.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
Juttering in the screen refresh rate, and not the positioning of the HMD, correct?

Issues I've had in that were conflicts with the USB.
Other than that, I'd check to make sure your nvidia driver is set to the VR version and see if that helps.

Solution