How to use S7 cell as modem

jimreddtx

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I need to use my Samsung S7 as a modem for my desktop. I will tether to USB. Do i need software? I no longer have a landline and i want to be able to FAX.

Solution
If wireless is to be the default and only method of connecting, I can't see anything other than fax by e-mail working. Wireless is good but not good enough to dial a phone number but your cell phone might be able to.
That would work and you could also set up a Hotspot on the phone and use a wi-fi dongle in the PC but here in the UK, data charges would exceed the saving on a landline. I hope it's not that bad where you live. There is Fax via e-mail software available..

jimreddtx

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Thanks for your response. First, I don't know what software I would need to effect the computer recognizing the phone as modem. Secondly, I have unlimited data----So charges are not a problem. I DO have a wi-fi dongle if I can find where I put it. I never tried it and don't know if it will work with this phone. I also have a Chromecast....But, It plugs into a HDMI and I don't have that access on my PC. I plan to move in the near future and I don't want to have a landline re-installed. I thought that when I decided on the Samsung S7 that I would be able to use the Hotspot option----But, the GREAT AT&T that wants to charge for every penny that they can squeeze out of you---Will NOT (knowingly) let me access that option since I have unlimited data.
Does anyone know of software that I can access to facilitate the PC seeing my phone as modem?