sony xperia m4 aqua black screen

cecyan

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
i have a sony xperia m4 aqua, was working fine for 6m then the screen went black one day. the phone seems to be still functioning bcuz i am able to hear incoming calls and msg beeping and alarm still going off. if u shine a bright light at the screen i can c a faint hint of the main menu...dont know what is wrong....anyone have any ideas?

Solution
There are a few things you can try. Have you tried restarting it? Also you could try starting it in "Safe Mode" and see if it will boot up correctly. If it does, then it may well be an app that is the cause.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Also, if you have only had it six months, and not damaged it, then it should be under warranty. You can...
There are a few things you can try. Have you tried restarting it? Also you could try starting it in "Safe Mode" and see if it will boot up correctly. If it does, then it may well be an app that is the cause.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Also, if you have only had it six months, and not damaged it, then it should be under warranty. You can contact the manufacturer and they may well repair or replace it for you.

Solution

cecyan

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Yes I've called Sony tried those steps u've mentioned but still doesn't work
The rep told me to send to their repair center to have their tech check to c if it's covered under warranty...

Christina_41

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Hi, has you had any updates with your phone yet, as I'm currently experiencing the same problem and its so annoying.

Thanks

creggerj

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

I made an account to have a record about how sony has treated me as a customer.
THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE. it wont ever work... prove me wrong. this company is a complete joke. i'm selling my PS4 for 100$ and gonna buy a retail version of xbox just to make less sony GARBAGE in my house.

hope you enjoy less customers!! (F)ONY

this phone was good until I started using it.

leonb78

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
I had the same problem I solved this by buying a rubber back cover then placing a 2cm ball of blue tac on the top left back of phone then place on the cover and it was fixed been fine since as it applies that little bit of pressure to top left corner which is a common fault with m4

moseba

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017

believe it or not, this worked for me like charm, it was a blue screen and the phone was too slow and reading only 1GB Ram
You are genius. Thanks alot.
You saved my life
I just signed up in this Forum to say Thank you