How can I connect my home PC & laptop to my Verizon cell phone data through wifi

cpreston8721

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Want to use my Verizon data for my home PC & laptop through wifi but don't know how to set it up. What would I need to do?

Solution
OK are you asking how to set up to run your PC and Laptop to access the internet via your phones data (using the phone as a hotspot) for the other devices? If that is the case, first let me say that your phone uses a lot less data than a PC and Laptop, and it is possible that your carrier has limits on the data usage, or even limitations on using the phone you have as a hot spot. Some phone just can't as well.

However, if that is what you are asking, it can be done, you just will probably wind up with a huge data bill or your data restricted. Even so called unlimited plans usually have data caps.

Or, are you asking about running them all through just a WiFi connection (not coming from the phone)?
OK are you asking how to set up to run your PC and Laptop to access the internet via your phones data (using the phone as a hotspot) for the other devices? If that is the case, first let me say that your phone uses a lot less data than a PC and Laptop, and it is possible that your carrier has limits on the data usage, or even limitations on using the phone you have as a hot spot. Some phone just can't as well.

However, if that is what you are asking, it can be done, you just will probably wind up with a huge data bill or your data restricted. Even so called unlimited plans usually have data caps.

Or, are you asking about running them all through just a WiFi connection (not coming from the phone)?

Solution