Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 stuck on "Samsung" logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pengdoo

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Hi there. First of, I'm sorry if this thread existed already because I haven't found a solution to my problem.

So, let me describe my problem.

My tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210 had problems doing updates (it would always get stuck at 33% or so and crash). The first thought I had in mind was doing a factory reset. Which I did. I saw the android logo with a percentage bar at the bottom of the screen for like 1 second, then the tablet rebooted and is now stuck indefinitly at the "Samsung" logo.
I tried doing a factory reset with the button combination Power On + Volume Up but that only shuts down the tablet. Nothing seems to be accessible.
I waited to see if the problem would correct itself but after 1 night it is STILL stuck on the Samsung logo...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please.

Solution
The "Hard Reset" (which is what the button combo does) only works if the device is off when you do it. :) Some instructions online don't actually cover that part. Try this and see if it helps.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device...
The "Hard Reset" (which is what the button combo does) only works if the device is off when you do it. :) Some instructions online don't actually cover that part. Try this and see if it helps.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

Solution

KelleyGurl74

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
Mine is model GT-P5210 woke up this morning and stuck...did wipe and nothing. Read somewhere that it is bricked. I did nothing to it. Used it last night. Plugged it in to charge and Samgung was on the screen. How do i get it unbricked?

superlogan274

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
Download twrp for samsung galaxy tab 3 (make sure you download the file for the model of your device e.g sm-t310)
Download odin
Boot device into download mode (Volume down + Power + Home)
Push volume up once in download mode
Plug device into your pc via usb cable
Flash the twrp as a pda file

Download stock rom for your device
Put file onto sd card and insert into device
Boot into twrp using volume up + power + home
Flash the stock rom
Your device is now fixed

cathron5356

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

cathron5356

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017
I have wiped the database and then gone down and push yes and then rebooted and I'm still stuck on the Samsung logo. What else can be done. Samsung p5210 Galaxy 3 tablet will not boot.

Dec 10, 2018
My samsung galaxy tab 3 has sustained water damage, and now it just keeps on reseting itself, its on the samsung logo and turns off and on, off and on. shutting it down wont work. only way to make it turn off is removing the battery plug. I tryed holding volume down and hold it down until it said something about a warning and options were volume down and volume up, I did both but it did nothing, it just turns off and goes back to the samung logo and turns off and tuens on. I left it alone for a year but itz the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.