Trying to retrieve contents from dead Lumia 710 and transfer to new Lumia 640

Pat Needle

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Have followed the instructions for transferring info from the SIM but it only transferred five of my contacts! Tried several times but same result. I did follow instructions, honestly!
I'd like to transfer all the stuff, including photos but screen not working on old phone so can't do bluetooth transfer.
Would appreciate any (simple) suggestions.

Solution
If there's enough life in the phone, connect it through USB to your PC and transfer the photos, etc. into a folder to put into the new phone later. Your contacts should appear when the new phone connects to Google. Make sure you set the Contacts settings to store them all in one p0lace and not on the SIM alone.
If there's enough life in the phone, connect it through USB to your PC and transfer the photos, etc. into a folder to put into the new phone later. Your contacts should appear when the new phone connects to Google. Make sure you set the Contacts settings to store them all in one p0lace and not on the SIM alone.

Solution

Pat Needle

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

Thank you very much Saga Lout. This sounds hopeful. I will try it out and let you know what happens. (Don't hold your breath as am very slow on the IT front!)

murn

Estimable
May 10, 2015
if its a windows phone which he asking about you can only recover messages that have been backed up when signed in to your microsoft account. sign into your account on the lumia 640 and all your messages that have been backed up should appear there in messages. if the messages don't show up you should check the settings option in the messaging app by touching the three dots at the bottom right of the screen (...) and choose settings and there is the option to download messages from last year, last month or anytime.