can i play selected ringtones for selected contacts while calling to someone from mobile instead of hearing the default beep s

Shakeel Gujjar

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I have searched over the google but I didn't found any answer regarding this. I want to implement the functionality in my app that I can select different ringtones for different contacts.

when I make call to someone the selected ringtone should be played instead of default beep or ringbacktone that we hear while making call from mobile.

Is there any sdk or android api available for this? or does android allow this? can anyone help me regarding this.

some example or some suggestion for this will be great use.

Solution
I have heard of no way to do such a thing. Since the tones your hear are via your carrier or theirs, and the ring back tones are from their carrier, I don't think there would be a way to do it on your own device or even through an app.

Now that is something that a carrier/service provider could implement, like they have with ring back tones. But it would definitely have to be through them.

Couldn't hurt to suggest it to your carrier. :)
I have heard of no way to do such a thing. Since the tones your hear are via your carrier or theirs, and the ring back tones are from their carrier, I don't think there would be a way to do it on your own device or even through an app.

Now that is something that a carrier/service provider could implement, like they have with ring back tones. But it would definitely have to be through them.

Couldn't hurt to suggest it to your carrier. :)

Solution