Treasonous Trump: Candidate Invites Cyberattack on U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

distantskunk

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Sorry, but your headline, summary, and stance on what Trump said - and how he said it- is misconstrued.

The FBI director, among many other top CIA experts have stated that Hillary Clinton's email SERVERS (not just one server) have most likely been hacked by foreign governments such as China, Iran, and Russia.

The PRESS, have not seemed to care too much about these security risks to our country. As a tech expert, I am sure you understand, the emails on the several servers ARE GONE, as the FBI director already stated.

Trump, cleverly made the point that no one in the press seems to care that our enemies have top secret emails that could hurt our country, or blackmail President Hillary Clinton.

1995Supra

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Total clickbait. I agree with DistantSkunk. The press are liars. Did you, Marshall, watch the entire press conference or just the cut up pieces The New York Times or CNN let you see?

G

Jesus Christ, the media slant on this is ridiculous. Trump was referring to the 33,000-odd e-mails that were deleted from Hillary's private e-mail server (which - by the way - the language FBI confirmed she used to TX/RCV classified information, willingly), since that e-mail server was publicly-facing, it was entirely possible and plausible that server was accessed by foreign actors.

Since that e-mail server is right now most likely sitting in a closet in Quantico or wherever, completely disconnected from the internet, how in the language would it make sense to invite Russia to try and hack her e-mails? There is literally no possible way to access that e-mail server as of now.

The media in this country has become so pathetic and will scrape at anything to try and find something because they are scared of what will happen if Trump is elected... well, for one, no more of this stupid shit. Oh, and I guarantee Hillary's private e-mail server even existing in the first place was more of a national security threat than anything else.

Please refrain from using profanities in your comments.

GlennC777

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
The comments here are appalling. How many ways does Donald Trump have to prove his incompetence and depravity before people will finally realize he's the political equivalent of a flaming bag of language?

In this case he's literally called for our adversaries to interfere in our politics through electronic espionage. He has no ideas about the technicalities of where these emails might be found; he gave Russia and anybody else his personal permission, carte blanche, to spy on his political opponent. Anybody defending him should be ashamed of themselves.

G

Tell me, without using the words "Donald Trump", what makes you think Hillary would be a good fit for president?

Tyler_71

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I agree with most of these comments and the photo of trump used is just pretty dumb. I mean anyone will look stupid and silly if you used a photo of them nearly blinking and talking. I mean take a photo of yourself talking and post it on social media feeling great about it. Or even a picture of someone eating. But woah post a picture of Hillary and its a photo she posed for and is smiling her fake smile.

Lawoflift1

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
How sad that such a slanted, tainted piece of yellow journalism is being used to accuse Trump of treason when what Trump is doing is asking someone COMPETENT to do what the Main Stream Media SHOULD have done in the first place, but is too busy drooling and twitching over PROVEN LIAR, INCOMPETENT, DISHONEST and CRONY CAPITALIST Hillary Clinton (all the things liberals PROJECT onto others).

And, before the vile hatred flows, I am not even a Trump supporter.

I wonder how these media outlets would react if their First Amendment Right and therefore responsibility was being treated like the Second Amendment. Oh, wait, no need! The MSM willingly abdicated objectivity and holding ALL of our government to the SAME standard 40 years ago.

Consider Hillary Clinton's self-enrichment, proven dishonesty and total lack of accomplishment (and even abject failure) in her government roles to date.

Yet the deluded, dishonest and those in denial continue to support her and bash Trump, without being able to give real examples of Trump's "incompetence" about which they bleat in unison, or reconcile the REALITY of Hillary Clinton ("HC is the most experienced, best suited to be POTUS"??? By what standard?"

daddywalter

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Very uninformed for a writer on a tech site.

The servers (yes, more than one) in question no longer exist, at least not on the Internet -- unless Hillary Clinton has still another server she has not revealed. The then-existing servers were turned over to the FBI and were examined as thoroughly (we're told) as the FBI could do so. But that's pretty much beside the point.

The servers _were_ online for a period of years, during which time they were vulnerable to hack attacks by any number of parties, including black-hats in Russia and other adversary nations. If the Russian government obtained data from the servers then, it presumably still has that data. Trump knows that, we all know it; and assuming the Russians already have the data, he was sarcastically asking Putin to release that information. No damage done on Trump's part, since the data has already been compromised by a potential enemy. But any damage done by Hillary would then be revealed to the world in such overwhelming manner that she would immediately be vulnerable to prosecution under the Espionage Act beyond any question of doubt.

As for the suggestion that Trump was inviting the Russians to hack into servers, we already know that the Russians -- and others -- have already been doing this for nearly as long as the Internet has been in existence. They don't _need_ an invitation or encouragement to do so. But the U.S. government needs to take the threat far more seriously. Permitting then SecState Clinton to operate a private, non-government server to conduct government business demonstrates that the U.S. government has not taken the threat seriously.

Alex_229

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Seems to me Trump only referred to the 33,000 deleted emails. HRC is the traitor, not Trump. Why have secret servers and delete emails if she is so innocent when it comes to hiding her dirty little secrets???? 600 cries for help in Benghazi
WTF??? How many of these "personal" emails discuss how she let Americans die in Benghazi???

daddywalter

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Yesterday's (literally) news: The FBI asked the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign to provide access to the computer logs and other data in hopes of identifying hackers who (apparently) successfully hacked into the campaign's servers. The request was refused: Hillary's campaign would rather remain vulnerable to future hack-attacks than permit the FBI to see their servers' activity.

The news was reported on Friday, a day commonly used for "burying" unfavorable news because most people are already focused on their weekend plans and paying less attention to the news. Coincidence? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.