Alcatel Pixi One Touch 3(10) not showing move to sd card. Help please

SasaC3

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Hello, I have a problem with my tablet Alcatel Pixi One Touch 3(10). I have a SDcard but when i go into settings and apps there is no "move to sd" button or anything. It just shows clear cashe, disable, etc... I can move my pictures to the sd card tho.. Please if someone has a solution just tell me.

Solution
That would be because that device is running an older Android version that does not allow for making the SD card "Internal" storage rather than the standard "External" storage, which is what it would need to do to be able to move most apps. Only "Marshmallow" allows for that option.

You can move photos, images, videos, music, and some other data, but not most apps.

You can try and see if your tablet can be updated to "Marshmallow", but that is not possible with all devices.

If you cannot upgrade to "Marshmallow", or you can but it still doesn't work (some devices just won't let it), then there isn't much else you can do.

Side Note: Even if you can get it to upgrade, and let you make the changes, you will have to start with a blank...
That would be because that device is running an older Android version that does not allow for making the SD card "Internal" storage rather than the standard "External" storage, which is what it would need to do to be able to move most apps. Only "Marshmallow" allows for that option.

You can move photos, images, videos, music, and some other data, but not most apps.

You can try and see if your tablet can be updated to "Marshmallow", but that is not possible with all devices.

If you cannot upgrade to "Marshmallow", or you can but it still doesn't work (some devices just won't let it), then there isn't much else you can do.

Side Note: Even if you can get it to upgrade, and let you make the changes, you will have to start with a blank SD card. Why? Well because the card will be formatted and encrypted when it was made "Internal" so anything on the card would be wiped.

Solution

SasaC3

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

Darren_24

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016