Galaxy Tab 2 ext sdcard

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
I have moved music files from internal storage to ext sd card using pc and cannot now play them. The files are not protected and played ok before moving. I get message to say they are blob files and require app to open them. Any help please would be greatly appreciated, not to technical though.

Solution
sorry I suppose I did end a bit abruptly. No I only wondered if you had any ideas as to why I have the problem.
HI Webworkings, With your patient help and getting me thinking I have now solved the problem. I downloaded the music files from tablet to PC into a New Folder. I then copied files from this folder to ext sdcard. and the music files played no problem. I can now delete files from internal memory and regain space. Thank you for helping
The problem may well be the format of the card. Did the computer require you do anything to the card prior to moving the files to it? If it was formatted by the computer, the phone may not read it correctly.

Also, did you just copy and paste, or did you make any changes to them? If you made changes to the files in any way it can cause this.

Another possibility would be that the program you are wanting to use them with will not read them from the card. Not all programs do. Have you checked the apps settings to make sure it allows for reading from the card? You might also try a different music player and see if the you get the same problem. If you don't, it is an issue with that app. If you do, then it is something with the card and or the files.

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
Thank you for your reply. I think the card was originally formatted on pc. As I have backup files I will format card installed in tablet and try to copy music again. Any suggestions as to how I should proceed with this idea. The tablet is Galaxy Tab 2 7"

Well make sure you save all that data to the computer before you format that card. Then let the device format it to work in it. When it is working in the table, try plugging the tablet into the computer via USB. Then you can just copy them from the computer to the card that way.

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for reply. I have done as you suggest but as soon as I start to move files to card message reads " Cannot copy the device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" I tried twice with same answer and device was definitely connected.

Arthur_23

Estimable
Jul 20, 2016
sorry I suppose I did end a bit abruptly. No I only wondered if you had any ideas as to why I have the problem.
HI Webworkings, With your patient help and getting me thinking I have now solved the problem. I downloaded the music files from tablet to PC into a New Folder. I then copied files from this folder to ext sdcard. and the music files played no problem. I can now delete files from internal memory and regain space. Thank you for helping

Solution
As said before, it was probably the formatting (although it could be a card gone bad as well). In the future I would suggest not taking the card out of the device to put things on it, but leave it in the device and hook up to a computer via USB. That should save you problems.