Dashlane Password Manager Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldbernier

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
Dashlane is a good product when it works. However, you have an issue that requires support Dashlane become a "Buer be ware" product. I contacted support on 11/18 with a very critical issue: Why is Dashlane changing what I enter? For some reason your programmers have decided that a ">" translates to ">" I first saw this in the title of a note that I created in 1Password which in turn was copied to LastPass (correctly) and subsequently transferred to Dashlane (mutilated as shown). I changed the note title and didn't give it another thought. This morning I attempted to log into a web site and received a message that my password was incorrect. I looked at the password in Dashlane and compared it to what was in 1Password - this is what I saw - 1Password: kYN>h - Dashlane: kYN>h. I expected that I would be able to copy the correct password into Dashlane and all would be alright. After copying the password, I once again attempted to log into the website and again I received the message that my password was incorrect. I reviewed the password in Dashlane and discovered that the password was once again mutilated. THIS IS A SITUATION THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND COMPLETELY INEXCUSABLE. HOW DID A GLARING ERROR SUCH AS THIS EVER MAKE IT PAST YOUR PROGRAMMERS. I have reported other issues that remain unresolved with absolutely no contact from support, but this issue needs to be rectified immediately. This makeS your software totally unreliable and totally unusable.

Thus far, no response from Dashlane support.

Status
Not open for further replies.