How do you set sd card as default on galaxy tab E

Solution
Well it depends on what version of Android your tablet is running. If it is running anything older than "Marshmallow" then you won't be able to make the app "Internal" which is what would be required to make apps run from it and make it the default download location.

Now if you are just wanting to make it default for say where photos you take are saved, music you install (not download), videos you take, etc. (not apps) then you can go into each individual app you use for these and see if the settings allow saving to the card.
Well it depends on what version of Android your tablet is running. If it is running anything older than "Marshmallow" then you won't be able to make the app "Internal" which is what would be required to make apps run from it and make it the default download location.

Now if you are just wanting to make it default for say where photos you take are saved, music you install (not download), videos you take, etc. (not apps) then you can go into each individual app you use for these and see if the settings allow saving to the card.

Solution

tnat04

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

I'm having the same issue. My tab E lite is running KitKat. Is there anyway to somehow get it to download Marshmallow? Also, would rooting the table fix the problem?

If it will download or not to your device I can't say. You would have to look up the specs for it and see if it has a limitation.

In regard to rooting, I am not a fan of it, so I can't answer on that. If you want to look into rooting, I would suggest posting about it in that forum. :) Yes, I know the forum says it is for phones, but they use the same OS software. "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

tnat04

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

Thanks!