LastPass Password Manager Review

fizzgigg55123

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Am I missing something here? Search the Windows Store and you'll find both an Edge extension and a Windows App for Lastpass.

10/10!!!

dan818

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
I have been using RofoForm to Go for many years. I like the fact that my passwords are stored on a USB flash drive that I control. They have stopped supporting the USB Flash Drive Version so I am considering other alternatives. Where does Lastpass store the passwords? A lot of data bases are getting hacked these days.

SumTingW0ng

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017

I would not use it, even they giving me a free lifetime license key.

My account info is written on a paper so that way ONLY ME can know it and more secure as well.

saraneth

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Keepass does indeed have an addon/extension for chrome and firefox. I was using it for years but now have switched over to lastpass for the convenience.

rxtols

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Edge extension does not work well-opens a new tab every time Edge is launched - annoying. Does not always autofill user ID and passwords. Tech support is very poor - only email, no phone or chat. Generally, they only send one email a day, so if you have to go back and forth, it can take weeks to resolve an issue. Works well with IE11.

a.noctis

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Since Edge built-in feature imports bookmarks but not passwords from Chrome (despite it should do it), I am trying to find a way to import them all at once.

Can I use "last pass" to import all passwords and then unistall it?

Dec 19, 2018
I have been using Lastpass with no problems, on a pc, with Chrome intagration tion. For years. But with Android it sucks so bad! If you try logging in on a browser there is no integration with browsers as Chrome has no android extensions. So you can either use the app, which throws itself in your face on every page you go on, but to use it you need to constantly keep logging in. It does not stay logged in at all. The same goes for signing in on the web based page. I spend more time logging back in with my Lastpass credentials than I would if I just had a written list of all my sites and their logins. After my subscription is up I am not renewing.

May 11, 2019
People looking to use their own storage clouds should consider enpass. They charge per app version, I paid $12 for the Android version. The desktop version is freemium, so you can pay more for a few bells and whistles, but the basic functionality is enough.

You can also opt for keepass, since it's completely free and has an amazing feature set, and developer community. It can also sync to third party public and private clouds, and there are plugins for almost any need or use case you can imagine. The problem is that it's a bit of a science experiment. There could be a lot of setup time, and it could be a challenge for those non-technical folk. I'm a techie, but I have simple needs and did not want to put in the time to get keepass working for me. YMMV.

bsc249

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2012
Oh sweet mother of pearl, what have they done to this app...

I read many reviews about these apps and basically it came down to Lastpass for the family functionality. As one person said earlier, I have no problems on my pc with this app. If you are ONLY going to use this at home on a pc, go for it. However, the good times end right there!

On my android, its OK. On my wifes iPhone Xr, its dog poo! Right now I'm battling through duplicates. It has happened TWICE on her phone and I don't know why. So yes, I have 4 of every site on her phone... that's 4 for all her sites AND 4 for all my sites!!! That's just one issue with the app, the other most relevant issue is that even though I have made her an administrator, had her accept the admin invite, set her delay time to zero, logged out, logged in, refreshed, reloaded everything - SHE STILL DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO COPY A PASSWORD!

The worst part, their support is practically non-existent! No way to call anyone, you can only email support AFTER going through their NEW FAQ support site - and its terriible!!! They use something called LogMeIn and it is just AWEFUL! They rarely have the question your looking for and the info the do have is out of some top secret manual only they see and they use the idex as a FAQ section... LogMeIn is Just Terrible! I've tried twice to get help in the past month and have yet to receive an answer or a reply other than the generic email "we received your question"

Oh wait, your smart though. You think I'll use a search engine and peruse the search results to find a link to answer your question - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Most of those now default to the main page for their new FAQ crappy LogMeIn support site.

Its just mind bending how BAD their support is.

Please don't make the same mistake I did, Don't use this service.