Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 will not turn on

Fabfos

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
When I press and hold the on button for 3 seconds, the tablet logo appears and then shuts back down. If I continue to press the on button, the unit continue us to cycle on and off every few seconds until I release the button. Any suggestions on why I can't turn it on?

Solution
There could be a few things. Try starting the tablet in "Safe Mode". If it lets the tablet load, then there is probably an app, or update to an app, that is giving you problems.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If it won't load, even in "Safe Mode" then you may want to try a "Factory Reset". It 'may' remove some data that you have...
There could be a few things. Try starting the tablet in "Safe Mode". If it lets the tablet load, then there is probably an app, or update to an app, that is giving you problems.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If it won't load, even in "Safe Mode" then you may want to try a "Factory Reset". It 'may' remove some data that you have installed on the tablet. So be forward. This can be done by locating the pinhole on the device and depressing it with something small, but not sharp. Don't want to damage it.

As a last resort, you can try a "Hard Reset" but that is guaranteed to remove all your data from the device, so it is best to save it for times when nothing else works.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS