Cheapest VR for PC?

soniccaner1

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
Looking for a cheap VR headset for pc's (not phone).However, all of them are near £900 and i aint paying that much for it. While i am here. Wait for gtx 1060 or rx 480?

Solution
The RX 480 is currently out on the market, and is starting at a retail of $200 USD.
However, i'm sorry to say that the cheapest VR headset for PC at the moment is the Oculus Rift going for 400 pounds at the time of writing.
The HTC Vive has more market demand due to its better features, so that is very expensive at the moment coming in at around 700.
Create another thread for a PC build and I can put one together for you.
Edit: In regards to greens' comment, the RX480 is perfectly adequate for VR, hitting above the 80fps mark in some, and a solid 90 in others. Although I will admit it has its limitations, getting poor frame rates in a few select titles, it is in fact a VR ready device, and should give a great experience with a headset...

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
There are only two properly supported sets, the Rift and the Vive.

The RX 480 may be advertised as VR ready, but its going to be the bare minimum.
For a good VR experience you're going to want high end instead of entry level.

Chugalug_

Estimable
The RX 480 is currently out on the market, and is starting at a retail of $200 USD.
However, i'm sorry to say that the cheapest VR headset for PC at the moment is the Oculus Rift going for 400 pounds at the time of writing.
The HTC Vive has more market demand due to its better features, so that is very expensive at the moment coming in at around 700.
Create another thread for a PC build and I can put one together for you.
Edit: In regards to greens' comment, the RX480 is perfectly adequate for VR, hitting above the 80fps mark in some, and a solid 90 in others. Although I will admit it has its limitations, getting poor frame rates in a few select titles, it is in fact a VR ready device, and should give a great experience with a headset like the Rift.
Here is a video showing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P4VVmMkk6U

Solution