Memory cards physically damaged HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandyStasyn

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
I recently just had all my memory cards physically destroyed no chance of being fixed so my question is I have previously inserted them into my computer to view them and did NOT save them into my computer I'm wondering if there is any chance that my computer could have somehow saved them somewhere. This is almost ten years of my pictures gone I'm beyond devastated.

If you only looked at the pictures in the PC and di nothing to cause a new copy, I'm afraid the news is only going to be bad. If you had documents, amended them and saved them back to the card, it's just possible that Windows Volume Shadow Copy feature might have a copy but only if the Service for that utility is turned on. Press your WEindows key and R together then in the Run box type services.msc and hit Enter. If teh VSC Service is set to Automatic and is started, you might recover some data.

Storing important files on such flimsy pieces of equipment is never a good idea, the moreso if it's the only copy you have. I know you've found that out the hard way so I'm only saying this for future readers here - backup everything and store that backup in a fireproof box.

Status
Not open for further replies.