Bitdefender Box Review

mamoberg

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Have been quite happy with my CUJO. Have had minimal speed loss using it and with each upgrade it has become a better product.

Z300MZ

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
1. I connected the BOX 2 between my cable modem and my existing Netgear R7000 router. I wish there had been advance warning that all my IP addresses were going to change. I have several devices that were originally set up to use static IP addresses in the 192.168.1.* range, but all the new addresses are in the 172.24.1.* range. This was fine for devices that were configured to use DHCP, but the ones that had the static addresses could no longer be reached. I had to disconnect the BOX 2 and install -- temporarily -- an old router that I could set to 192.168.1.* to access those other devices and reconfigure them to use DHCP. If I had known ahead of time, I could have reconfigured them for DHCP *before* installing the BOX 2.

2. Before buying the BOX 2 had contacted their tech. support and had understood from the reply that I could configure the BOX 2 to provide its own WiFi access points in addition to the ones provided by the existing Netgear router, but I have not found any way to do that.

gruntpartystyle

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
I call bullshit on this review. Teamviewer sessions are encrypted. The box won't be able to break that encryption in order to see that "sensitive" data is copy/pasted within this session. Also the brute forcing of a password within a secured session sounds cheesy.

TRENDING THREADS