How to connect bluetooth keyboard to Asus Zenpad 10.1

Trent54

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I'm having difficulty getting my tablet to recognize the bluetooth keyboard I bought for it.
I'm a FNG when it comes to pads.

Solution
Connecting a tablet to a keyboard via Bluetooth.

Connecting a wireless keyboard can be easy or difficult, depending on a few things. The biggest two being the OS the tablet is using and the brand of the keyboard.

1. Go into the tablets "Settings" and make sure Bluetooth is "Enabled" or "ON".

2. Make sure the keyboard has new batteries.

3. If using an Android tablet, go into "Bluetooth Settings" and tap "Find Nearby Devices."

4. Now turn on the wireless keyboard. It may take a few moments for it to turn on. You will see a light when it is. Some devices may also have a "Connect" button. If there is a "Connect" button (it can be anywhere on the device), press it. This should maek the Bluetooth LED light flash. This means the...
Connecting a tablet to a keyboard via Bluetooth.

Connecting a wireless keyboard can be easy or difficult, depending on a few things. The biggest two being the OS the tablet is using and the brand of the keyboard.

1. Go into the tablets "Settings" and make sure Bluetooth is "Enabled" or "ON".

2. Make sure the keyboard has new batteries.

3. If using an Android tablet, go into "Bluetooth Settings" and tap "Find Nearby Devices."

4. Now turn on the wireless keyboard. It may take a few moments for it to turn on. You will see a light when it is. Some devices may also have a "Connect" button. If there is a "Connect" button (it can be anywhere on the device), press it. This should maek the Bluetooth LED light flash. This means the keyboard should now be "discoverable". (Note: Not all devices have a flashing light.)

5. Once the light is flashing or is completely on, wait for the device to appear in a list of Bluetooth devices recognized by the tablet.

6 Now select the keyboard when it shows on the tablet. You may need to enter a "Pin Number" at this point. This is to ensure the that the device that it is being paired to is authorized by the tablet user.

7. Enter the pin number shown on the tablet.

8. The keyboard should now be paired with the tablet.

Solution

Josh_173

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
This pairs the keyboard but then how to you use it? It says press any key to reconnect your keyboard but nothing happens if you press any key. It is possible to pair a bluetooth keyboard to the zenpad but is it possible to USE a bluetooth keyboard on the zenpad?

Josh_173

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
This is a zenpad with a logitech k780 keyboard. I have seen this keyboard work on the zenpad but you have to unpair and repair it a few times and if it does work, it will stop working a short time later. The keyboard works as expected on ios, osx, windows, and samsung android but it does not work with the asus zenpad android.

Then there must be a flaw in the zenpads that is the cause. Have you checked to make sure there are no updates available for the device? Including firmware ones.

You might also want to check on their website to see if there is a work around or a suggestion for a permanent fix. Sadly, if it isn't a widespread issue (many complaints) they often won't fix it.