My rca has an auto reboot program how do I get rid of it

Askmdk007

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Ive had this tablet for quite a while now but this auto reboot thing starts on boot up and I cant figure out how to get rid of it. Id like to avoid a factory reset if possible

Solution
Well a "Factory Reset" is not the same, nor as harsh, as a "Hard Reset". That said, it is usually better to avoid them both if possible.

You could try starting the tablet in "Safe Mode". This option usually allows you to only to run what is necessary. It may give you the ability back to go into your settings and turn off the auto reboot. Also, if possible, you may be able to uninstall the app, should it not be part of the original device.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or...
Well a "Factory Reset" is not the same, nor as harsh, as a "Hard Reset". That said, it is usually better to avoid them both if possible.

You could try starting the tablet in "Safe Mode". This option usually allows you to only to run what is necessary. It may give you the ability back to go into your settings and turn off the auto reboot. Also, if possible, you may be able to uninstall the app, should it not be part of the original device.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

See if that works before trying anything harsher.

Solution