Lenovo tab A8-50 problem

Taranbir

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
I have a Lenovo tablet A8-50, one day I went to the settings and clicked fast restart, then I tried to restart my tablet but It went completely black (the screen) I tried many times to turn it on but it just won't!

Solution
It sounds like it could be a few things. First, your battery could just be drained. Have you tried charging it? If so, does it show as charging when plugged in? If it doesn't, then try a different charger cord. You should also try your cord on a different device to see if it is good.

If it shows as charging, or does after using a different cord, then you should check to make sure the power button isn't 'stuck'. It happens. Press and hold the power button down for about 20-30 seconds, and then let go. Wait about 30 seconds and try powering it up again.

If that doesn't work, the next step is to try and reboot the tablet. This can be done by locating the small pinhole located inside the tiny door where your SD card (and possibly a SIM...
It sounds like it could be a few things. First, your battery could just be drained. Have you tried charging it? If so, does it show as charging when plugged in? If it doesn't, then try a different charger cord. You should also try your cord on a different device to see if it is good.

If it shows as charging, or does after using a different cord, then you should check to make sure the power button isn't 'stuck'. It happens. Press and hold the power button down for about 20-30 seconds, and then let go. Wait about 30 seconds and try powering it up again.

If that doesn't work, the next step is to try and reboot the tablet. This can be done by locating the small pinhole located inside the tiny door where your SD card (and possibly a SIM card) are located. Using something small, but not sharp - as you don't want to damage the device - depress the button in the hole for a moment and then try turning on your tablet again. NOTE: This should not effect your data on the device at all.

Solution
The battery may be dead and need replacing. It can be done, but takes a bit of work. I would suggest not attempting it if the device is still under warranty though, as it would void it. If you are still under warranty, contact the manufacturer and they should be able to repair or replace it. If it isn't under warranty, then you can try to do the replacement yourself (there are tons of videos online to see how to replaces tablet batteries and parts) or find a local tech/shop to repair it.